CLICK ON RESOURCES BELOW TO OPEN.
If you have questions, email the National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to assist you with this process throughout the year!
Deadline is December 31, 2021.
- 30 minute video
- Step-by-step instructions for EIN and form 1023EZ.
- There is a one time application fee of $275 to file Form 1023EZ.
- REQUIRED Verbiage to include in State registration and Chapter Bylaws to submit with 1023EZ form, see Page 4, Line 5 and Line 6 in Instructions. Required verbiage in italics below…
Line 5 (Purpose), required verbiage for Corporation formation and Chapter Bylaws:
The organization is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
The purposes of the corporation shall include, more specifically, to encourage and recognize academic and intellectual achievement in the science of pharmacy; to achieve universal recognition of its members as lifelong intellectual leaders in pharmacy; to instill the desire to pursue intellectual excellence and critical inquiry to advance the science of pharmacy; to stimulate critical inquiry in the science of pharmacy; to contribute to the development of intellectual leaders; to promote the highest ethical standards; and to foster collaboration to advance the science of pharmacy; to provide scholarships and awards to encourage education and achievements that advance the science of pharmacy; and anything reasonably related to the foregoing.
Line 6 (Activities), required verbiage for Corporation formation and Chapter Bylaws:
No part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers, or other private persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes described in section 501(c)(3). No substantial part of the activities of the corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or (b) by a corporation, contributions to which are deductible under section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code, or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
Line 7 (Dissolution), required verbiage for Corporation formation and Chapter Bylaws:
Upon the dissolution of this organization, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose.
Celebrate 100th Anniversary of The Rho Chi Society!
~ May 19, 2022 is the 100th Anniversary of the establishment of the Rho Chi Society.
~ Chapters celebrating 100th Anniversaries
- Alpha, University of Michigan
- Beta, Oregon State University
- Gamma, University of Oklahoma
Rho Chi Chapter Recordkeeping
It is vital for chapters to retain all documents and pass them down year to year. When advisors leave, these records should stay with the chapter. These are all important records to track your alumni and guide your future chapter leaders. Items to keep on file include:
- Chapter bylaws and procedures,
- NEW 501c3 status documentation from university and/or chapter,
- Chapter meeting minutes,
- Annual chapter membership election reports submitted to National Office,
- Annual chapter reports submitted to National Office which contains a list of your chapter officers
- Annual list of members; we now recommend that you ask members to provide a personal email for future alumni contact as one’s university/school email may be deactivated, and
- Records of payments from members and dues payments to the Rho Chi Society.