New Initiates Checklist
- Invite eligible new members to join your chapter
- Collect dues of $100 per member
- Enter new initiates (students, faculty) into the Rho Chi database per Instructions at bottom of this page. Please submit at least 4 weeks before ceremony so materials can be processed and shipped. Email email@example.com to notify that you have submitted all new members, then you will receive a spreadsheet to confirm spelling of names before processing member materials. REMINDER: member key pin is only engraved with your chapter and year of initiation, no personal initials.
- Complete Chapter Membership Election Report (below), advisor and Dean must sign (electronic or actual) and email final PDF to the National Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org. * Include the advisor address you want all materials (key pins and certificates) mailed to on bottom of form.
- Request an invoice, if needed, for processing payment to The Rho Chi Society. Or download Invoice “template” here and fill in yellow highlighted areas to submit to your finance office.
- Mail New Member Payment Form (below) with check to the National Office (in Ann Arbor, MI). Online payment is available by request via Paypal plus a 3% processing fee.
- Order honor cords/medallions directly with our vendors. Honor Cords (Spirit LLC) and Medallions (Award Concepts). Please visit our merchandise page: https://rhochi.org/merchandise/
- Hold initiation ceremony (virtual or in-person). Distribute official new member materials (keypin, certificate, welcome letter) to each new member.
* The new initiate fee is $100.
* Membership includes an official member certificate from the National Office and a Rho Chi key pin engraved with your chapter and year of initiation, as well as national dues.
* These materials will be sent directly to the chapter faculty advisor for distribution to new members and can then be mailed from your university/school to each new member if a virtual ceremony is held, or distributed during in-person ceremony.
Use the fillable Chapter Membership Election Report form below, electronic signatures are acceptable on this form.
Retain for your chapter records.