New Initiates Checklist
- Invite eligible new members to join your chapter
- Collect dues of $100 per member
- Enter new initiates (students, faculty) into the Rho Chi database per Instructions at bottom of this page. Please submit at least 4 weeks before ceremony so materials can be processed and shipped. Email email@example.com to notify that you have submitted all new members, then you will receive a spreadsheet to confirm spelling of names before processing member materials. REMINDER: member key pin is only engraved with your chapter and year of initiation, no personal initials.
- Complete Chapter Membership Election Report (below), advisor and Dean must sign (electronic or actual) and email final PDF to the National Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org. * Include the advisor address you want all materials (key pins and certificates) mailed to on bottom of form.
- Request an invoice, if needed, for processing payment to The Rho Chi Society. Or download Invoice “template” here and fill in yellow highlighted areas to submit to your finance office.
- Mail New Member Payment Form (below) with check to the National Office (in Ann Arbor, MI). Online payment is available by request via Paypal plus a 3% processing fee.
- Order honor cords/medallions directly with our vendors. Honor Cords (Spirit LLC) and Medallions (Award Concepts). Please visit our merchandise page: https://rhochi.org/merchandise/
- Hold initiation ceremony (virtual or in-person). Distribute official new member materials (keypin, certificate, welcome letter) to each new member.
* The new initiate fee is $100.
* Membership includes an official member certificate from the National Office and a Rho Chi key pin engraved with your chapter and year of initiation, as well as national dues.
* These materials will be sent directly to the chapter faculty advisor for distribution to new members and can then be mailed from your university/school to each new member if a virtual ceremony is held, or distributed during in-person ceremony.
Use the fillable Chapter Membership Election Report form below, electronic signatures are acceptable on this form.
Retain for your chapter records.
Enter New Members into the Rho Chi database to begin the membership process
of ordering official key pins and certificates. See instructions below.